If one has undertaken Liver transplant surgery, then he or she must take very good care of himself or herself. This does not involve laying on the bed for the whole day but giving your body some space to exercise. But the crucial aspect of the rehabilitation or recovery period comes in the form of changes which can be even described as strong changes in the diet. The diet must be rich in the following nutrients:
Calcium contributes to making the bones strong. In the absence of calcium content in the body one is prone to fractures. One can acquire calcium from several dietary products that may include dairy products like milk, cheese, and curd. Doctors suggest the following as among the most affected diet:
- Green vegetable (with leaves) – Spinach
- Soya drinks
- Anything bready which must be made up of fortified flour
It is a fact that bad cholesterol contributes to lowering your recovery or rehabilitation rate. On the other hand if one consumes healthy fats which are usually rich in Omega 3, then the recovery rate can highly speed up.
One can attain healthy fats from the following sources:
- Cold fish like luna
- Nuts (Walnuts) and seeds (Sesame and flax)
- Inclusion of healthy oils in cooking processes like Safflower oil and Soybean Oil
Fiber is also a crucial and essential nutrient when it comes to rehabilitation. Fiber can really help in obtaining healthy and required weight. It is the nutrient that is responsible for the nourishment and growth of healthy cells in your body. Subsequent are the rich sources from which fiber is highly extracted:
- Whole Grain food like Whole Wheat pasta, oats, etc.
- Fresh fruits
- Fresh and fiber-rich vegetable like broccoli and carrots
- Skinned Potatoes
Consumption of protein is indispensable for the recovery of patients. Protein provides a good recovery environment inside one’s body. That is why mothers in their postnatal period are suggested to consume more and more proteins. Protein-rich sources are:
- If one is comfortable with the consumption of nonfood then; fish, beef, chicken, eggs, and tofu are protein-rich.
- For those who want to consume only vegetarian food then they can consume lentils and pulses accompanied by legumes & beans.
- Consumption of dairy products is a must.
- Vitamin D
Since childhood, we have been made to learn that sunlight is the best source of vitamin D. But apart from that, there are some edibles which can serve this purpose too like consumption of oily fish and red meat & intake of oranges in the form of either juice or raw eating comes up with some very beautiful health benefits.