Dr. Hardev Ramandeep Singh Girn
Gastrointestinal Cancer Surgeon & Liver Transplantation
MBBS, MRCS – 2005, MD, FRCS, CCT (UK)
Dr. Hardev Ramandeep Singh Girn [MBBS, MRCS, MD, FRCS, CCT (UK)] is a liver transplant specialist surgeon and Surgical Gastroenterologist in Ludhiana, Punjab. With 21 years of experience since MBBS Dr. Girn is associated with over 5000 cases of Liver, pancreatic, Colorectal, and Gall bladder cancer surgeries including Liver Transplantation both in the United Kingdom, Ludhiana, and Bangaluru, and Over 4000 hepatobiliary surgeries, pancreatic surgeries, and liver transplants in the UK and India. He is the Founding Member of the Liver transplant Society of India and is also a respected member of the International Liver Transplant Society, Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland, and International Hepatopancreatotbilary Association (IHPBA). Dr. Girn is a renowned liver transplant surgeon in North India currently working at SPS Hospital who believes in providing the best services and treatments to his patients suffering from complex liver problems.
- After finishing my MBBS, I went to UK for surgical training and specialisation. I finished my general surgical training under the auspices of Yorkshire School of Surgery and was awarded MRCS (Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh) in 2005.
- Following this i undertook a period of research for 2 years whilst working as research registrar in Leeds Vascular Institute, Leeds, UK and was awarded MD by School of Medicine, University of Leeds.
- With good foundations in General and Vascular Surgery, I was selected for 6 year specialist higher surgical training in Yorkshire deanery, UK, in 2007. During this period I trained in Upper GI and Colorectal surgery with general surgical acute on call for first 2 years and final 4 years were spent training in all aspects of Liver and renal transplantation, and hepatopancreatobiliary surgery at St James University Hospital, Leeds, UK which is high volume tertiary care referral centre for transplant and HPB cancer surgery. I was awarded FRCS (Intercollegiate FRCS in Transplant Surgery) from Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh in 2013. I have 14 years of experience
- I joined DMCH Ludhiana in October 2013 as Specialist Liver Surgeon with special interests in Liver and multivisceral abdominal transplant, Liver trauma, Liver cancer surgery and pancreatic surgery. My main aim is to lead the drive for cadaveric and live donor liver transplant surgery in Punjab and North India.
- In February 2019 I move to SPS Hospital Ludhiana as Head of department of
Gastrointestinal Surgery and Liver Science Department.