What is the connotation of Liver Transplant?
Liver Transplant is also known by the name of hepatic transplant. In this genus of transplantation, surgery is performed. The liver of some other human is transplanted with the patient suffering from a malfunctioning liver. A liver transplant or hepatic transplant is the last option available for the treatment of a patient who is suffering from the ailment of the malfunctioned liver. Before concluding taking up the surgery, Liver Hospital in Ludhiana tries a lot of things in the form of medications and diet plans to make the liver respond.
How does the Liver perform its function in the human body?
The liver is like a hero organ of our body that protects other parts of the body from the variegated genus of infections. It takes up the following functions:
- It eliminates various toxicants from our body which if not timely taken off can complicate the functioning of our body.
- It assists in the soaking up of the essential nutrients from food.
- It aids the digestion process.
- It also aids in preventing unrestrained bleeding.
What are the genus conflicts regarding liver transplantation?
Liver transplantation surgery can not be performed on all Liver patients. It may be a case that someone is undergoing a serious liver disease and he is on the edge of death but still he can not get the Liver transplantation surgery done because of the following reasons:
- One must abstain from alcohol for a period of 3 to 6 months before transplantation surgery. If one has neglected this before-care precaution then he or she may not be fit for the surgery at a particular point in time.
- If the patient is already suffering from some Sexually Transmitted Disease (STD) like AIDS or HIV, then they will not be allowed to take up the surgery.
- If the immune system of the patient is not that strong that it could lead the restoration process in the healing path, then surgery is not an option.
What is the step by step mechanism of Liver transplantation?
Let us talk about the step by step procedure of the hepatic transplant:
- First and Foremost it is indispensable to consult a doctor. Based on the examination tests a doctor may decide whether the transplantation is to be performed. It is a very critical analysis procedure so one must visit a qualified, skilled, and experienced doctor.
- Another phase is related to finding a donor for surgery. It is necessary to find a donor who is healthy and whose tissues match with that of the patient. Not everyone can donate the liver to every liver patient. It depends on the tissues. If the patient; tissue falls to respond then the surgery could be fatal too.
- After a successful surgery, one must take good aftercare. That includes a proper diet and a healing atmosphere