Usually, there are many causes of jaundice coming into existence. But according to the liver doctors in Punjab majorly the population of the world gets afflicted with this when they are suffering from the tumour in the Liver, Hepatitis and the formation of gallstones. But if you are afflicted with this problem then make sure that you are consulting the expert doctors of the liver hospital in Ludhiana.
Jaundice: What is it?
Jaundice is owing to the pulled up levels of the bilirubin which the yellow-orange pigment, the following gets yellow in the colour:
- Mucous membrane
When the red blood cells in the body are broken down then the bilirubin comes into the origin. Too much fragmentation of such cells is not at all a good condition since it results in jaundice.
What are the variegated symptoms of jaundice?
It is relevant to mention here that not every person who is suffering from jaundice undergoes some sort of symptoms. Sometimes the symptoms are not found but the problem is still there.
But if in the cases, the person experiences the symptoms then they may come up in the following forms:
- Changes in the skin colour to yellow
- Flu-like symptoms
- Dark coloured urine
- Clay Colored stools
If the infection is not the cause of the problem then the symptoms may come up in the form of:
- Weight Loss
- Itchy Skin
If you are suffering from any of the liver problems, then jaundice can come to origin:
- Chronic Hepatitis
- Liver inflammation
- Pyoderma gangrenosum
- Inflammation in the joints
How do the doctors diagnose jaundice?
Jaundice is diagnosed by the following preponderant symptoms:
- If the individual was suffering from bruising of the skin, then he can be at the risk of getting afflicted with jaundice.
- If the blood vessels are supposed to abnormally get collected on the surface of the skin, then you should get yourself diagnosed since it is the problem of jaundice.
- Ultrasonography is also used to detect the problem of jaundice.
How is the problem of jaundice treated?
Jaundice in adults is usually not treated and it goes away on its own. But the treatment is done to get relieved of the symptoms. For example: If one has the problem of itching, then the itching relieving medication can be given.
By following which preventive measures, the problem of jaundice can be prevented?
The problem of jaundice can be prevented by following the subsequent measures:
- Consume alcohol within limits
- Try to maintain a healthy weight by sticking to the healthy habits
- Try not to get in the exposure to the hepatitis infection
- The cholesterol levels have to be managed