If any person is suffering from any kind of liver condition, then he is likely to catch the Corona Virus. If you do not have any liver problem and you are tested for Covid, then there are chances that your liver may catch the infection as covid affects liver.
Let’s discuss some of the QNA which are most customarily asked.
Which kind of patients are advised to take extra protection measures into account?
The patients who have recently undergone liver transplant surgery are advised not to step out of their house and even maintain some distance from their family members as well.
- The patients who do have any kind of chronic liver diseases.
- The patients who may have the following live problems:
- Liver cirrhosis
- Hepatic encephalopathy
- Hepatocellular carcinoma
- Variceal bleed
- Synthetic liver dysfunction
What if the patients are waiting for the liver transplant? What should they do in this situation?
COVID is an extremely difficult time for all of us. The liver transplant specialist will take so many factors into account before proceeding with the liver transplant surgery. The doctors will discuss all the possible risks and complications with the patients to make sure that the right decision is being taken. In most cases, the doctors may suggest delaying the transplant, if it is not deteriorating the health of the patient.
What if the patient is worried about work?
If the patient is worried about work, then, first of all, you should opt up for doing work from home. If that is not possible, then in that situation you should make sure that your employer has taken necessary precautions to make the workplace covid secure. Besides, you should not only remain dependent on the measures taken by the employer, rather you should be taking precautions in the account as none other than you can save you from this COVID crisis.
How will the hospital staff carry out the consultation?
The hospital staff will try to carry out the consultation in different ways like through the audio or video class. The doctor will not call you to the hospital for the consultation unless it is urgent. The cancer patients will be treated as the priority. But their attendants may not be allowed to stay in the hospital for longer hours.
How can we protect ourselves from the deadly virus?
COVID is a sum of all the major categories of the viruses that may include the following:
- Serious Respiratory illness
- Severe acute respiratory syndrome
Additional Necessary Measures
But if we follow the subsequent measures, then we can surely protect ourselves from the virus:
- First of all, do not leave home unless it is very necessary.
- Do not use any item brought from outside unless you have sanitised it properly.
- Do not maintain close contact with the people who are not well.
- Wash your hands often, it will cut down the risk of you getting affected by the virus.
- Do not order food from outside. But if it is required, then make sure you are microwaving it before using it.